Monday, October 29, 2007

Ready, set, go!

I am done swatching - I switched from size 6 needles to size 7 and my gauge went from 7 stitches per inch to 6 stitches per inch, so I am going to make the 6 Stitches Per Inch socks from Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd. Even though the recommended yarn weight for this pattern is sportweight or DK weight, I'll be using my Knit Picks Swish Superwash worsted weight. I don't have time during the day today to start but I don't care how tired I am, I am going to cast on as soon as the girls go to bed tonight. I'll be up late watching the Packers play (and hopefully BEAT*) the Broncos. I doubt I'll knit the whole game but I will for awhile. Wish me luck!

Question: Since I played around with the yarn quite a bit, swatched twice, etc., can I still use it to knit my socks or did I totally stretch it out? I guess I only bought 2 balls so I have to use it, will hope for the best!

NEXT PROJECT: I am already itching to get the supplies to start something else. I probably won't start anything until my socks are well underway, but I'm going to start researching what to make next in the meantime. Some things I am interested in are a felted bag, felted iPod or cell phone holder, toddler sweater or poncho ..... any other ideas??? I know that is totally up to me, but just throw some suggestions out there - novice patterns please! But they don't have to be all garter stitch or anything like that. I think I can purl okay and I like to purl. I'd also love to make something using my new circs. But I don't have to either. So just something not too hard, but it doesn't have to be a garter stitch scarf. LOL In fact, NO SCARVES! I still haven't finished Lindsey's. :-)


*It's sad but I still hold a major grudge against the Broncos for beating my Packers in Super Bowl XXXII - GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! My 4 most hated teams, in this order, are the Vikings, the Bears, the Patriots, and the Broncos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE felting, and have made this Sophie bag a few times (you can see a picture here http://mesocrafty.wordpress.com/2006/12/05/more-holiday-gifting/). I was intimidated at first, but found a good friend with a bit more knitting experience than I have and she helped me out. Once you do one, it is soooo easy!
Stephanie
mesocrafty.wordpress.com

Chris said...

I love felting. I have made three felted bags(all the same) from the following site. http://pensandneedles.blogspot.com/2005/11/sentimental-stripes-felted-tote.html
They are easy and fun. I am sure you will have fun with whatever you decide on. Glad to hear tht those socks are coming along.