Monday, September 10, 2007

My boring knitting update

I finished the kitty dishcloth. It turned out SO tiny! 5.5" x 6.5" I don't know if it was supposed to be that small (the pattern didn't say) or if I knit way tight or what. I guess I did an okay job on it, doesn't really look that great but you can see the kitty on it so that's good anyway. :-)



I have 9 1/2" done on Lindsey's scarf. The scarf does NOT get wider as it goes down, that's just because of the camera angle or something. I'm satisfied with it so far.



I'm anxious to start some sort of *real* project, but I don't know what and I don't have the time or money to go to the LYS and look around, so I just started a simple baby bib using some of the tons of cotton yarn I have laying around (the only real *stash* I have, whoopie). I guess I can just work on these small projects along with Lindsey's scarf and consider it more practice until I decide what *real* project to do. I still have so much to learn anyway. All I know so far is how to cast on and off, and knit and purl. I watched my Nici McNally DVD the other night, the parts about increasing and decreasing, but I didn't actually try it yet. I just watched.

THANK YOU to everyone for the great podcast suggestions! I downloaded five million and one episodes and can't wait to hear them all! As I listen to them and decide which ones I like I will add them to my links. I'm on Episode 2 of Sticks & String which is the Australian bloke (as he calls himself!) and I'm enjoying it so far!

6 comments:

Chris said...

I think that it looks great. Love the kitty. Cables are fun. I think that was the first different thing I tried. And you can find all kinds of cable dishcloth patterns on line to use up your cotton stash. knittingpatterncentral.com has buches of discloth patterns and will lead you to different sites. Happy Knitting!!!

Cheesehead With Sticks said...

Oh, I think your kitty looks just great. That is a bit odd about the size though. It will still be useful :)

Mollie said...

Love the kitty pattern - very cute!! Is that chenille yarn?

www.nightshiftknitter.blogspot.com

NH Knitting Mama said...

I love the kitty square!

wildflower38 said...

I like the kitty dishcloth too.

Increasing and decreasing... I learn to do k2tog, ssk, kfb and yo by looking and the videos at knittinghelp.com and doing dishcloths.

Grandmother's favorite dishcloth has k2tog and yo. You get to practice and make some really great dishcloths too.

http://www.jimsyldesign.com/~dishbout/kpatterns/grfavorite.html

Here's the pattern I used to knit the squares for Rebuilding Greensburg. It has kfb and k2tog. Intead of using k2tog which leans to the right. You could use ssk which leans to the left... do with the first stitches when your decreasing. :-)

KnittySue said...

I think your scarf and kitty look great, keep up the good work soon you'll be doing socks.