Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pair of Socks #2

I finally started my second pair of socks last night. I'm making the Tidal Wave socks using my Tofutsies yarn.



I cast them on and frogged them THREE times before I got it right. I kept making stupid mistakes. I don't know how good my cast on edge is going to be in the end. I've only done 2 rounds so far so it's hard to tell. I'm not having a problem at all working with fingering weight yarn and smaller needles. I've crocheted many doilies in my lifetime with thread so I guess I'm used to using thinner yarn. It was still a good idea, I think, to use worsted weight yarn for my first pair of socks. But I also think I would have been fine starting out with regular sock yarn too. I should probably hold my tongue though until I finish one sock and see how it turns out!

I finished knitting the Sophie Bag about a week ago. I just have to felt it, but I have to find someone who will let me borrow their top loader washing machine first. I'm not sure when I'll get around to that.




I finished the gift I was knitting also, but it hasn't been mailed yet so I still can't say what it is or post a picture.

I'm debating if I want to exclusively work on my socks or if I want to also cast on for Fuzzy Feet. Part of me wants to just focus on only one project right now, but I think I might like a little variety too. I'll let you know.

I guess I haven't been doing a ton of knitting lately. I hope to get back into it more now that I started my socks.

Happy knitting!

5 comments:

Chris said...

Good luck on the socks. I too have crocheted with thread and fine needles--but I am glad I did my first socks with worsted st. yarn. Love the sophie bag--can't wait to see it felted.

wildflower38 said...

The Sophie bag looks great... post pics soon as its felted. I'm very interested.

I've frogged many COs for socks. I've learned to knit 10 rows then judge if its ok or not. The first few rows in ribbing look too big but by 10 rows the ribbing pulls in on itself and looks ok.

Anonymous said...

I felt all my projects by hand in the kitchen sink. It may take a little longer but I get better results and I can take out a lot of frustrations while kneading my purses. If you would like a hands on demo, let me come over and show you!

NH Knitting Mama said...

I can't wait to see the Sophie bag felted - it looks cute so far!

Sew Chic said...

I've knit about 8 pairs of socks, but only one from Tofutsies yarn. My Tofutsies socks are my absolutely most favorite pair. They are so soft and comfortable after many washings. I did have some trouble with the yarn splitting while knitting, but now I just love the yarn and plan on buying more.